New Application Provides Unique, Interactive Cooking Resource for Windows Phone 7 Users
“The Product team at Allrecipes, together with [wire] stone, was able to quickly deliver a full-featured and unique version of the award-winning Dinner Spinner mobile application to serve the growing audience of Windows Phone users,” said Scott Scazafavo, vice president of product management at Allrecipes.com. “Allrecipes has a high bar for consumer satisfaction, and we were very impressed with [wire] stone’s design aptitude, technical expertise and responsiveness in working with our internal teams.”
Taking full advantage of the Metro design language for Windows Phone, Allrecipes worked with [wire] stone to design, develop and release the Allrecipes mobile application on an aggressive timeline. The application includes top features and consumer favorites such as the Dinner Spinner recipe randomization feature as well as new capabilities exclusive to the Windows Phone platform:
Exclusive Features to Windows Phone
- Recipe of the Day: A new recipe is highlighted every day on the Live Tile page and within the application
- Disable Screen Lock: An option to disable screen lock while viewing a recipe allows uninterrupted viewing of a recipe while preparing a meal.
Top Allrecipes Dinner Spinner Feature
- Spinner: Select a main ingredient, dish type and cook time then shake the phone to activate the Dinner Spinner’s slot machine style action for surprise dish ideas.
- Search: Search by ingredient or dish name and add dietary filters (vegetarian, vegan, non-dairy, gluten-free, low carbs, low fat and more).
- Recipes: Recipes include a photo, nutrition information, ratings and reviews.
- Social Media Sharing Integration: Share recipes with social networks via Facebook and Twitter integration.
“The Allrecipes Dinner Spinner mobile application demonstrates [wire] stone’s deep understanding of the Metro design language and Windows Phone technology,” said Fabio Matsui, technology director of emerging experiences at [wire] stone. “Within a very fast development cycle, we designed this application from the ground up to optimize the Allrecipes user experience on the Windows Phone platform.”
Metro is the name of the new design language created for the Windows Phone interface. The Metro language has enabled a unique and immersive experience for users of Windows Phone and revitalized third party applications. The standards that have been developed for Metro provide a baseline for designers and developers to create successful gesture-driven Windows Phone experiences for small devices.